Dear Michigan ACC Colleagues,
As we face the greatest challenge of our generation, I am buoyed by the calm resolve and professional dedication of my colleagues and heartened by the support of our College. I’m just off a virtual meeting with the ACC Board of Governors and wanted to share these resources with you quickly and succinctly:
The ACC COVID-19 Hub is constantly being updated with:
- Clinical Guidance and Front-Line Experience
- Regulatory and Reimbursement Updates
- Upcoming and archived webinars on telehealth, epidemiology, and disease management
- Links to CDC, FDA, CMS and other pertinent agencies
As of March 6, Medicare implemented new telehealth flexibility. See details here.
You may want to note these codes for interprofessional consultations. CMS will not audit charts during this time for telehealth visits for established and new patients. HIPAA has also relaxed how telehealth visits are performed for example facetime etc.
- 99451: Interprofessional telephone/Internet/electronic health record assessment and management service provided by a consultative physician, including a written report to the patient's treating/requesting physician or other qualified health care professional, 5 minutes or more of medical consultative time
- 99452: Interprofessional telephone/Internet/electronic health record referral service(s) provided by a treating/requesting physician or other qualified health care professional, 30 minutes
MedAxiom has compiled and developed resources for practices and hospitals.
The site will be updated daily and is free for the CV Community – you do not have to be a member to access the tools and/or webcast.
The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) COVID-19 Hub has links to Governor Whitmer’s Emergency Declarations, telehealth information, and Michigan specific billing and coding updates for COVID-19 (scroll down).
Your Michigan Chapter website has a compilation of links including Michigan’s Chief Medical Executive Update on the state’s response.
Finally, I’ll remind you that ACC.20 - March 28-30 has been recreated as a virtual meeting that is FREE for everyone. I’ll miss the networking, but I’m curious to see how the massive plenary session, the late breaking trials, all the posters, the busy exhibit hall, and the elegant convocation ceremony translate to my laptop. In the words of ACC President Dick Kovacs, “One of the best ways to weather tough times is to connect with others who share similar challenges – if nothing else, ACC.20/WCC Virtual is an opportunity for us to connect as a community and reinforce the fact that none of us are in this alone.”
David Wohns, MD, MBA, FACC